July - Climate Change and Mitigation in Uruguay
This is the fourth in our series of short films and worship resources focusing on climate justice from around the world.
- Learn about the changes in temperature and rainfall patterns in Uruguay.
- Listen to the fishermen and fisherwomen’s stories about how their livelihoods are affected by the ocean warming due to climate change.
- Learn about agroecology and organic gardens and why they are so important for climate change mitigation.
- Listen to the hopes of young people in Uruguay for the future of the planet.
- Discuss the content of the short film with some discussion questions.
- Reflect on the water cycle and the profit cycle through an ecoreflection written by an ecotheology group.
- Listen to a song about the need to care for creation written and sung by Uruguayan Methodists.
- Read prayers for creation written by youths from the Methodist Church in Uruguay.
- Worship with hymns and songs from Uruguay and Latin America.